The Graduate Programme undertaken in the Department are: M.Ed and Ph.D each candidate can specialize in any of the following:
- Curriculum and Instructions
- Social Studies Education
- Science Education
- Language Education
The main objectives of the Graduate Programmes are:
- To develop the skills of practicing Curriculum and instructions with particular emphasis on theoretical basis for Curriculum practices.
- To produce high level research personnel who will be able to contribute significantly in the field of Curriculum Studies by providing needed teaching and other services in higher Institutions.
- To raise high level manpower who will teach and provide the needed services in University, Colleges of Education, polytechnic and Ministries of Education.
STRUCTURE OF THE PROGRAMME
- Candidate must register for and pass all the prescribed courses.
- Candidates are also expected to present Research Projector be examined in accordance with the Graduate regulations.
- Each candidate must demonstrate in teaching in university in his area of specialization.
- A candidate may be allowed to transfer not more than fifteen (15) units from any other University approved by Senate, but units in research methods and Research project are not transferable.
- Each course will be examined through continues assessment of students work by examination. The pass mark for each course is 50%
- Candidate who failed or are unable to write their examinations in any of the prescribed courses may be allowed to do at the next available opportunity.
- Sandwich students shall register for first semester courses during the first long vacation and the second semester courses during the second long vacation