AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the programme are:
- To give students an in-depth study leading to the understanding and knowledge of the phenomena of religion in all its varieties and manifestations.
- To offer courses in the field of history and phenomanology of religious and cultures, theology and philosophy, aiming at the understanding and interpretation of African Religion, Christianity, Islam and other old religions, separately and as far as there has been cross-fertilization between them, particularly, the first three.
- To produce competent personnel for the effective management of religious matters, institutions and cultural affairs.
- To produce competent teachers of Religion and social workers in government and non-governmental establishments and institutions.
- To adequately prepare students for post-graduate research studies in the area of religious management and cultural studies.
a) 4-YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMME
In addition to the general University Admission Requirements, candidates are required to possess a minimum of:
- Five credits, at not more than two sittings, to include . English and C.R.K/I.R.K. at Senior Secondary School level or its equivalence, plus
- a pass level in the Joint Matriculation Examination.
b) 3-YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMME
Candidates are required to possess a minimum of:
- 3 A/l passes, including Religious Studies (Christian/Islamic), at no more than two sittings, plus 2 credits at the G. C. E. OIL or its equivalence which must include English.
- 2 A/l passes, including Religious Studies (Christian/Islamic) at not more than two sittings plus3 credits at G.C. E. OIL or its equivalence which must include English and CRK/IRK at not more than two sittings.
- Diploma in Religious Studies or its equivalence, from a recognised University, plus 3 credits at GCE OIL or its equivalence, which must include English and CRK/IRK at not more than two sittings.
- Passes in two teaching subjects atthe NCE level, which must include Religious Studies (Christian/Islamic) plus credits in three other subjects at GCE OIL in not more than two sittings.