The Philosophy of the B.Sc. programme in Business Administration is hinged on the need to:
- Create entrepreneurial spirit in young men and women who can exploit the available resources and opportunities in the nation.
- Develop competent and world class professionals and academic/researchers to keep peace with the ever rising demand for management education.
In the present period of Nigerian history, the need for training for the acquisition of management skills has become particularly crucial based on the yearnings of the society on the need for middle and higher manpower as a sine qua non for management and organizational problems because of globalization trends, radical reforms and rapid expansion of Business Organizations such as Global Companies and Multinational Companies (MNCs).
Therefore, the Department’s Programme, have therefore, been designed to enable the participants to acquire managerial insight that will aid them in solving practical management problems (constrained by lack of adequate and indepth knowledge of management)to the aspirations of the society as a whole. Hence, the development of the requisite research skills in the general field of business is an essential part of the Department’s Programme.
The major objectives of the Department are:
- To help generate adequate managerial manpower with appropriate knowledge, skills, and attitudes to handle the growing and changing managerial responsibilities in Nigeria.
- To facilitate the creation of entrepreneurial spirit in young men and women who can help to exploit the available resources and opportunities in Nigeria.
- To provide for preparation of managerial teachers and researchers to keep peace with the ever-rising demand for management education.
- To facilitate the education and training of managers at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels.
- To help produce teaching materials and literature more appropriate to the Nigerian materials and literature more and cross-fertilization of ideas in the classroom.
- To provide a comprehension exposure to the dynamics of management for the well-being of the individual and the society with the aim of producing readily
A. For the Four –Year Programme
(i) At least five credit passes (or equivalent) in GCE (O/L or WASC or NECO or NABTEB which should in all cases include English Language, Mathematics and Economics or Commerce or Accounting and which must have been obtained in not more than two sittings.
(ii) The Joint Matriculation Examination, which must be in; Use of English, Mathematics, Economics, Plus any other subject
B. Admission Requirements for the Three Year Programme
(iii) Requirement in A (i) above
(v) Two subjects at the GCE AIL or HSC, one of which must be Economics or Mathematics.
(vi) In exceptional cases, candidates who meet requirements A(i) above and who possess a minimum of B+ (or Upper Credit) in the OND in Business Administration or any related discipline from a recognized Polytechnic or College of Technology may also be considered.
(vii) HND or B.Sc., in relevant disciplines in addition to 5 credits as in A(i) above.
(viii) Certificates of relevant professional bodies in addition to 5 credits as in A(i) above.