Faculty of Environmental Studies
It might also interest you to know that as matter of emphasis the faculty offers the following courses and awards the following degrees as approved by the Senate of the Ambrose Alli University;
- Architecture – B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D.
- Building – B.Sc
- Fine and Applied Arts – B.FA
- Geography and Regional Planning – B.Sc, PGD, M.Sc, Ph.D.
The faculty runs foundation programme in Geography and Regional Planning, Building and Fine and Applied Arts. Apart from these academic programmes the faculty also conducts researches, arranges and organizes conferences, seminars, workshops and exhibitions in the field of environmental and related studies.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The philosophy of the Faculty of Environmental Studies, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, is to train the manpower needed for the creation of a decent environment for man. Consequently, degree programmes have been designed to:
- To respond to and provide leadership to meet the rapidly changing needs of our society.
- Provide a learning and research centre that prepares professionals with bias people-oriented activities, within the Faculty of Environmental Studies and the field of practice.
- To employ the Faculty’s manpower for resolving the environmental issues and problems in Nigeria, maximizing work, resources, fostering policies (international, national and local), which result in constructive activities that improve, enhance, and prepare professionals to carry out the Faculty’s mandate of creating an improved environment for man.
In achieving these objectives, the Faculty has drawn up degree programmes which place emphasis on producing practice professionals.
- Admission is by concessional examination organized by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). To be eligible for admission, candidates must have at least five (5) credits in the West African School Certificate or its equivalent at not more than two sittings.
- Details of subjects required are in faculty handbook.
- Candidates for admission may be required to attend an interview.
- Admission requirement are as provided for in the general University Regulations.
- Direct Entry requirement are as specified in the relevant section of this handbook.
Fine and Applied Arts
Geography and Environmental Management