The Department of Chemistry offers two-degree programme leading to the award of Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry denoted by B.Sc. (Chemistry) and Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Chemistry denoted B.Sc. (Industrial Chemistry).
The department aims particularly at equipping students with the methodologies of chemistry necessary for the technological progress in our modern world.
- The courses offered in the Department of Chemistry are aimed at:
- Enabling the students to acquire the capability to conduct research in chemistry and related fields.
- Creating room for a broad awareness of the applications of chemical principles and to equip the students to become useful hands in chemical and allied industries.
- Candidates must possess credit at WASC or GCE (‘O’ level) in at least five subjects including English Language, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and any other subject.
- The minimum admission requirements for the three-year degree programme (Direct Entry) are GCE ‘A’ level passes (or their equivalent) in Chemistry and Mathematics or Physics in addition to ‘O’ level requirements.
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY HANDBOOK