The department of computer science offers a degree programme leading to award of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Computer Science.
PHILOSOPHY AND OBJECTIVES
- To produce Computer Science graduates relevant to our National Manpower needs in the fields of System Sciences, Data Processing, System Analysis and Design, Database Administration, Management Process, Production Process, Information Technology, etc.
- To produce graduates in Computer Science that can work in supervisory/advisory capabilities in industries and other sectors of the ecomony.
- To promote and encourage research in the various areas of Compuer Science for national development.
- To provide and supervise research leading to higher degrees of this University.
- To provide service courses in Computer Science for students of other departments whose degree programmes require working knowledge of Computer Science
Candidates must have WASC/GCE ‘O’ level or SSCE with credit passes in at least five subjects including English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any other two subjects from Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Geography, Statistics, Economics and Government in not more that two sitting.
Candidates must satisfy UME requirement and any of the following.
- At least two GCE ‘A’ level passes which must include Mathematics and Physics.
- At least a merit grade in Diploma in any of the following: Data Processing, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Engineering and Computer Science from any recognized tertiary institution.
- At least merit grade in National Certificate of Education in mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics and Physics.
- A good first degree in related area from a recognized University.
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE HANDBOOK