The philosophy of the Department’s Bachelor of Science degree in Public Administration (B.Sc) is to aid the students acquire the knowledge and skills required for the role of middle and top level bureaucrats, as well as managers in Nigeria and the international Community. It also, prepares the students to be conversant with the principles, theories and techniques required for conducting research for the purpose of problem solving and widening the frontiers of knowledge in the area within and relating to the discipline.
The general philosophy is to develop the mind, impart both theoretical and practical knowledge on individual to develop self confidence, be innovative and self ‘reliant in the fields of Administration and Management.
The objectives of the B.Sc. programme are to:
- To produce personnel that are competent to manage complex relations in the ever changing bureaucracy and growing business environment.
- Produce middle and top-level bureaucrats, as well as managers for Nigeria and the International Community.
- Groom administrators’ to possess adequate knowledge and skills for efficient administration of organizations and Societies.
- Produce problem solvers, skillful in policy initiation, guiding Political Office hoders and policy implementation for the purpose of efficient attainment of national goals and those of the International Community.
- Produce graduates verse in administrative principles and theories, which serve as a foundation for studies for higher degrees in Public Administration and related disciplines.
The full-time programme is designed to last a minimum of four years for UME candidates and three years for direct entry candidates.
A candidate seeking admission into the programme must possess the following
(a) UME Admission
At least five (5) credit grades in SSCE or O/L GCE or NECO or NABTEB, which must include English Language, Mathematics, Economic, Government/History and any other subject at not more than two sittings. An approved minimum JAMB score by the authorities of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma will also required.
(b) Direct Entry Admission
A candidate for direct entry admission must possess Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma diploma with at least credit grade in Banking and Finance or Accounting or Business Management (or Administration) in addition to the requirements in (a) above.
A Polytechnic diploma with at least upper credit grade may also be considered. Besides the requirements in (a) and (b), other qualifications that are considered relevant by the Senate of Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma from time to time may also be acceptable for admission.